LMT 240 : Neuromuscular Treatments I
Neuromuscular Treatments I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This is advanced myofascial coursework that focuses on the treatment of specific conditions and injuries using neuromuscular massage therapy treatment protocols.
1. Analyze client history health intake
2. Perform a postural and gait assessment
3. Evaluate, reason, and determine appropriate treatment options to alleviate pain and treat soft tissue injuries
4. Demonstrate SOAP (subjective, objective, assessment, plan) charting.
5. Discuss pathologies of injuries and chronic pain syndromes.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of pertinent anatomical structures.
7. Enhance palpation skills.
8. Utilize treatment techniques in deep tissue, neuromuscular, trigger point, myofascial release, stretching and rehabilitative exercise.
9. Explore current research and resources regarding injuries, chronic pain and their treatment
• Introductions, Review Syllabus, What is Neuromuscular Treatment?
• Interviews and Neuromuscular Treatments
• Lecture: Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder
• Demo: Masseter and Temporalis
• Hands On: Masseter and Temporalis
• Lecture: Tx Plan and Tracking
• Lecture: Functional v. Structural Scoliosis
• Lecture: Clinical SOAP Notes and Case Study
• Midterm Practical Exam
• Written Midterm Exam
This course may require: purchase of textbook.
This course may require: tests, participation/attendance and other graded work.