LMT 271 : Pregnancy Massage
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Advanced massage training when working with pregnant clients that will include precautions, draping, positioning and how massage can support women in labor.
1. Explain the benefits of massage during pregnancy
2. Demonstrate positioning of pregnant clients appropriate to their stage of pregnancy and comfort
3. Utilize critical observations and thinking skills during a pregnancy, pre-natal or post-natal health intake
4. Refer clients based on symptoms and complaints that might reflect a risk condition
5. Explain nurturing touch and emotional presence for pregnant women
6. Demonstrate techniques that are appropriate for each body area, including endangerment sites.
7. Identify and practice appropriate methods of sanitation and personal hygiene in the performance of massage and bodywork sessions.