Intro to Prof Med Assist
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces medical assistant key competencies related to office practices and administrative responsibilities defined by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Medical Assisting Educational Review Board. Includes concepts related to professionalism, diversity, confidentiality, communication, telephone techniques, legal concepts, scheduling, triage skills, and office safety.
1. Identify components of professional medical assisting role, incorporating relevant legal and regulatory guidelines.
2. Apply principles of environmental safety and emergency planning in a medical setting.
3. Use professional verbal and nonverbal communication.
4. Model accountability, reliability, and respect for diversity.
5. Perform patient education according to principles of education theory.