Intro to Prof Med Assist
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
First of two classes that introduce key competencies related to office practices and administrative responsibilities of the medical assistant as defined by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Medical Assisting Educational Review Board (MAERB). Includes concepts related to professionalism, diversity, confidentiality, written and oral communication, application of telephone techniques, legal concepts, introductory scheduling and triage skills, and office safety. See MA 110 for Medical Assisting program prerequisites.
1. Identify components of professional medical assisting role, incorporating relevant legal and regulatory guidelines.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of environmental safety and emergency planning.
3. Demonstrate professional verbal and nonverbal communication.
4. Display accountability, reliability, and respect for diversity.
5. Apply knowlege of educational theory to patient education.