Clincial Med Assist II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
MA 110 and MA 111.
Covers key medical assistant clinical cognitive, psychomotor, and affective competencies defined by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Medical Assisting Educational Review Board. Expands skills required to assist with diagnostic testing, outpatient procedures, and office-based lab testing. Increases mastery of standard precautions, infection control, medical and surgical asepsis, patient preparation, delivery of oral and parenteral medications, and patient nutritional needs.
1. Prepare patients for specimen collection, exams, procedures and administer parenteral medications.
2. Perform common outpatient treatments, interventions, testing and diagnostic procedures.
3. Model safe and professional behavior in the clinical setting, including reliability, accountability, and application of standard precautions, medical asepsis, and sterile technique.
4. Apply quality control measures in the office-based lab when collecting, preparing, and tracking specimens for testing.
6. Identify patient nutritional needs.