MFG 102 : Blueprint Reading Sheet Metal
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides student with training to read and interpret various types of sheet metal blueprints. Covers line and print development, sheet metal layout, pattern drafting and bend allowances, maximum utilization of material, identification of sheet metal types and grades, correct use of sheet metal for the application and sheet metal bend and shear strengths.
1. Student will evaluate blue prints for sheet metal applications.
2. Student will describe the terminology used on blue prints for sheet metal applications.
3. Student will apply proper techniques for allowing for the “stretch” that occurs during the forming process.
4. Student will describe methods to maximize the use of materials by using nesting when different parts require the same gauge metals.
5. Student will describe different types and grades of sheet metal.
6. Student will describe the correct stainless steel sheet metal grades for food grade applications.