MFG 112 : Manufacturing Processes II
Manufacturing Processes II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Continued student proficiency development in machining operation including speed and feed calculations, milling machine and lathe practice.
1. Student will calculate feeds and speeds for drilling, milling and lathe work.
2. Student will manufacture parts on the manual mill and lathe to close tolerances.
3. Student will describe the use of cutter diameter and length compensation.
4. Student will describe basic fixturing use.
5. Student will evaluate positive and negative tool movements.