MFG 133 : Quality Assurance
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
An introductory quality control course that includes precision and semi-precision measuring, digital measuring tool operations, measuring practice using digital gauges, micrometers, depth gauge and height gauge measuring tools. The course also includes an introduction to statistical process control and pneumatic gauging topics.
1. Student will use semi-precision tools to make basic measurements.
2. Student will use digital tools to make precision measurements.
3. Student will use a sine bar and precision gage blocks to setup and measure work within .0001” accuracy.
4. Student will use a surface plate and digital height gage to perform work piece measurements.
5. Student will create and follow part measuring documentation when measuring work.
6. Student will use MIL-spec procedures and methods to perform an outside micrometer caliper tool calibration.
7. Student will setup and capture electronic digital measurement data on a personal computer.
8. Student will setup and perform semi-automatic measurement using a modular gauge to within .001” accuracy.
9. Student will create inspection reports which reflect part inspection results.
10. Student will use dimensional gauging tools to collect Statistical Process Control data.
11. Student will interpret and use Statistical Process Control charts.
12. Student will utilize Statistical Process Control to problem solve a manufacturing process.