Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
A continuation of Quality Assurance topics focused on materials. Includes shear, hardness, tensile and compression testing and other material analyzing techniques.
Course learning outcomes
1. Student will explain why heat-treating metals enhances desired properties.
2. Student will recognize equilibrium diagrams.
3. Student will differentiate between alloy steel properties.
4. Student will differentiate between non-ferrous and ferrous alloy materials.
5. Student will identify and properly apply plastic materials to solve engineering related problems.