MFG 202 : Metals Preparation
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Bandsaw, cold saw auto stop operations, ironworker hole punching and abrasive power tool operations. Includes safety, profile cutting, shearing, material identification, blade welding, blade selection and offhand grinding operations.
1. Student will safely setup and operate the horizontal band saw.
2. Student will calculate blade length for different size band saws.
3. Student will demonstrate ability to cut within 1/32” of line profiles using the horizontal band saw.
4. Student will setup and perform cutting and punching operations with the Iron Worker.
5. Student will correctly identify commonly used fabrication metals.
• Machine safety
• Band saw blade terminology and selection
• Calculation of blade lengths for band saw blades
• Horizontal band saw setup and cutting operations
• Iron worker setup, shear, and punch
• Profile cutting
• Material markings and identification
Requires textbook and special gear, see syllabus for details.