MFG 205 : Drill Press
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Drill press operations training. Includes safety, machine nomenclature, measuring and sharpening drills, machine set-up, cutting tool selection, magnetic based drill, electric drill motor and radial arm drill operations.
1. Student will offhand sharpen drills to cut holes within .005” of correct size.
2. Student will safely setup and operate the sensitive drill press to drill holes.
3. Student will differentiate between counter bore, counter sink, spot face and center drilling operations.
4. Student will safely setup and perform power-tapping operations to produce Class 2 internal threads.
5. Student will accurately measure internal threads for correct pitch diameter to within appropriate specifications.
6. Student will safely setup and operate the radial arm drill press to perform power-feeding operations.
7. Student will perform power-tapping operations to required specifications using the radial arm drill.