MFG 210 : Vertical Milling
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Vertical milling machine operations. Includes safety, work holding, table set-ups, power feeds, digital read-out operation, cutter selections, climb and conventional cutting and spindle speed changes.
1. Student will safely perform vise setups and cutting operations using the vertical milling machine.
2. Student will calculate the correct RPM to run different size cutting tools based on material cutting speed.
3. Student will setup and safely perform fly cutting operations to create a flat surface.
4. Student will zero and utilize the Digital Read Out (DRO) to accurately position the milling table.
5. Student will perform offset boring head operations to bore holes to within .001”.
6. Student will perform dividing head operations using simple, angular, and direct indexing methods.
7. Student will accurately drill bolt circle patterns using the Digital Read Out.
8. Student will perform a CNC mill setup and monitor operations to produce a part.