Lathe Operator II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Advanced lathe operations training. Four-jaw chucking, taper turning, carbide cutting tool selections, boring, single point threading, thread measurement and other precision turning operations.
1. Student will perform regular lathe maintenance duties including fluid level checks to extend lathe duty cycle.
2. Student will setup and bore steel soft jaw chucks to hold rotated part concentricity.
3. Student will setup and adjust the taper attachment to cut long tapers to within .002” diametrical accuracy.
4. Student will setup and perform single point thread cutting operations to cut threads to Class 2 threading specifications.
5. Student will utilize the thread micrometer, thread ring gages and 3 wires to check thread accuracy.
6. Student will perform boring operations to within .001” of diameter callout.
7. Student will use various lathe accessories that provide support for longer chucked work.
8. Student will setup and consistently machine work held between centers to within .001”.