Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is an overview of mechanical drive systems and safety, key fasteners, power transmission systems, lubrication concepts, plain bearings, ball bearings, roller bearings, and gaskets and seals.
1. Student will apply safe methods of inspecting mechanical drive systems.
2. Student will identify and use key fasteners.
3. Student will troubleshoot mechanical power transmission systems.
4. Student will identify and use lubrication concepts in machine troubleshooting.
5. Student will describe the different types of bearing and their uses.
6. Student will describe the different types of gaskets and seals and their uses.