MFG 261 : Mastercam Lathe
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces Mastercam Lathe operational basics. Includes terminology relevant to PC-based CAD/CAM work. Covers the use of the Mastercam Lathe menu structure and system management, 2 1/2 axis wireframe geometry creation, and toolpath creation for output of CNC "G" code for CNC lathe.
1. Explain concepts and demonstrate techniques associated with Mastercam CAD/CAM software for CNC Lathe.
2. Demonstrate fundamental machining operations performed on CNC Lathe machining centers.
3. Demonstrate concepts of generating tool paths using the combined (existing geometry) and direct (new geometry) methods utilizing Mastercam computer assisted machining software for the CNC Lathe.
• Graphics environment of Mastercam Computer Assisted Machining Software for CNC Lathe
• CAD drawing import and printing procedures
• Establishment of CAM parameters
• Establishing tooling parameters for CNC Lathe
• Concepts and techniques of modifying existing geometry using Mastercam computer assisted
machining software for CNC Lathe
• Tool path generation for CNC Lathe
• Solid model part representations
• Post processing and reverse posting procedures for CNC Lathe
• Exporting data to the CNC Lathe
No materials required.
Grades based on: participation in lab activities, and a final in the form of a written exam and/or practical application.