MFG 266 : Manufacturing Cost Estimation
Manufacturing Cost Estimation
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Cost estimation techniques used in the analysis and planning of manufacturing projects. Includes software estimates, manufacturing costs, standard vs. actual costs, fixturing and welding-related topics.
1. Student will understand why estimation is an important factor in planning operations.
2. Student will distinguish between standard and actual cost analysis data.
3. Student will research and establish estimation costs based on shop standards and other provided data sets.
4. Student will perform cost estimates for machining, welding and fixturing assignments.
5. Student will operate software that provides computerized cost estimation output.
6. Student will use a spreadsheet to organize and document manually collected information.