CNC Fixture Design Mill
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
MFG 119 and MFG 257.
Provides methods beyond the basic use of a vice in order to hold and machine irregularly shaped parts using a mill.
1. Create fixtures to hold irregularly shaped parts.
2. Evaluate best way to position parts on a computer numerical control milling machine.
3. Use computer aided drafting system to generate models of fixtures.
1. Different options for holding parts on CNC machines
2. Vertical vs horizontal part holding options
3. Automated fixture options
4. Fixturing different types of material
Grade will be determined by the machine report of parts manufactured.