Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Includes SMAW welding complete joint penetration welds of 2” and 6” pipe in 6G, qualification test practice, and construction of saddle tees.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate safe practices in the MATC Welding Lab using SMAW processes at an expert level for pipe weldments.
2. Weld two-inch pipe in 6G (expert) position with SMAW processes to AWS D1-1, API 1104, and multiple ASME codes and standards.
3. Weld six-inch pipe in 6G (expert) position with SMAW processes to AWS D1-1, API 1104, and multiple ASME codes and standards.
4. Apply visual and destructive examination principles and practices in accordance with AWS D1-1, B2-1, API 1104, and applicable ASME code and standards visual acceptance criteria.
5. Construct and weld two-inch and six-incy saddle tee with SMAW processes to API 1104 standard.
This class requires the purchase of safety equipment, reference books, measurement equipment, and tools.