Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Includes GMAW welding complete joint penetration welds of 2” and 6” pipe in 6G, qualification test practice, and construction of saddle tees.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate safe practices in the MATC Welding Lab usingGMAW processes at an expert level for pipe weldments.
2. Weld two-inch pipe in 6G (expert) position with GMAW processes to AWS D1-1, API 1104, and multiple ASME codes and standards.
3. Weld 6” pipe in 6G (expert) position with GMAW processes to AWS D1-1, API 1104, and multiple ASME codes and standards.
4. Apply visual and destructive examination principles and practices in accordance with AWS D1-1, B2-1, API 1104, and applicable ASME code and standards visual acceptance criteria.
5. Construct and weld two-inch and six-inch saddle tee with GMAW processes to API 1104 standard.
This class requires the purchase of safety equipment, reference books, measurement equipment, and tools.