Production CNC Ops Lathe
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
MFG 259 and MFG 260.
Prerequisites with concurrency
MFG 261 and MFG 278.
Provides opportunities to evaluate the efficiency of a parts manufacturing process using a lathe. Covers methods to improve efficiency.
1. Analyze run time of computer numerical control lathe machines to improve efficiency.
2. Improve efficiency of computer numerical control lathe machines.
3. Communicate how efficiency improvements were made.
1. Efficiency of computer numerical control (CNC) machines
2. How cutter technology can improve efficiency
3. Affects of coolant and speeds and feeds
4. How part material and chip removal effect efficiency
Grades will be determined by improvements to run time of a manufacturing process.