Fraction Review Workshop
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
Provides a concentrated experience for students needing a review of fractions and associated number theory skills. This course is not a replacement for students who place into or need to take MTH 10. May be taken concurrently with another math class. P/NP grading.
1. Students will use rectangles to model multiplication.
2. Students will describe and use divisibility rules for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
3. Students will use divisibility rules to determine factors of a given number.
4. Students will define prime numbers and write a number as a product of prime numbers (with and without exponents).
5. Students will use fraction kits (or a similar manipulative model) to describe concepts and computations involving fractions.
6. Students will perform computations and solve problems involving fractions without the use of a calculator.
7. Students will use correct order of operations to simplify expressions involving whole numbers and fractions.
8. Students will use symbolic notation for “less than” and “greater than” to compare whole numbers and fractions