Fraction Review Workshop
Pass/No Pass grades
Total contact hours
Provides a concentrated experience for students needing a review of fractions and associated number theory skills. This course is not a replacement for students who place into or need to take MTH 015. May be taken concurrently with another math class. P/NP grading.
Course learning outcomes
1. Use rectangles to model multiplication.
2. Describe and use divisibility rules for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
3. Use divisibility rules to determine factors of a given number.
4. Define prime numbers and write a number as a product of prime numbers (with and without exponents).
5. Use fraction kits (or a similar manipulative model) to describe concepts and computations involving fractions.
6. Perform computations and solve problems involving fractions without the use of a calculator.
7. Use correct order of operations to simplify expressions involving whole numbers and fractions.
8. Use symbolic notation for “less than” and “greater than” to compare whole numbers and fractions.