Intro to Prob Stat 2
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Introduces methods of inferential statistical analysis. Includes confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, linear correlation and regression, chi-square tests, and analysis of variance (ANOVA). May cover nonparametric methods. Uses spreadsheet and graphic technology.
Course learning outcomes
1. Compute and interpret confidence intervals in the context of hypothesis testing.
2. Execute hypothesis tests on claims involving both means and proportions.
3. Execute hypothesis tests with manual calculation and technology.
4. Perform quantitative and categorical tests of association.
5. Determine the proper statistical technique to use for various circumstances.
6. Produce and interpret statistical output from non-calculator statistical software.
- Central limit theorem
- Interval estimates
- Variance/standard deviation
- Bootstrap intervals
- One and two-sample hypothesis testing
- Correlation and regression
- Chi-squared tests
- Goodness of fit
- One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA)
No materials required.
General education/Related instruction lists