MUS 114 : Musicianship IA
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Builds aural acuity through drill and practice in ear training, sight singing and dictation. Computer based exercises and tests are an important part of the work. Recommended to be taken with: MUS 111.
1. Learn how to process hearing and writing melodies, rhythmic forms and intervals.
2. Develop the ability to perform rhythms and melodies.
3. Critically understand the ideals associated with the music of the Western world by analyzing issues associated with the creation of this type of music in order to understand local and global issues involved in music making.
4. Have a greater understanding of the creative process of those in the past and present, and discover how this knowledge can enrich one’s own life.
5. Interpret and engage in the Arts and Letters, making use of the creative process to enrich the quality of life.
6. Critically analyze values and ethics within a range of human experience and expression to engage more fully in local and global issues.