MUS 133 : Piano Class III
Piano Class III
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Teaches fundamental piano skills in a class format.
1. Students will be able to read standard keyboard notation.
2. Students will be able to identify the quality of triads built on any major or minor scale degree.
3. Students will be able to construct and perform chord progressions using the primary triads in all major and minor keys.
4. Students will be able to successfully harmonize a single-line melody using proper chord progression.
5. Students will be able to successfully transpose a basic piano composition to two new keys.
6. Students will be able to successfully perform basic piano compositions at sight.