Class Guitar II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Teaches fundamental guitar skills in a class format.
1. Students will be able to execute musical works using basic classical guitar technique.
2. Students will be able to demonstrate proper right and left hand technique.
3. Students will be able to perform basic open and barre chords and chord progressions.
4. Students will be able to define the components of contemporary song form.
5. Students will begin to be able to identify the stylistic variations between musical genres.
6. Students will be able to notate basic musical ideas for performance on the guitar.
7. Students will be able to identify and solve technical problems involved in performing a simple musical work.