CNA Level 2
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
NUR 103 and department approval.
Provides an Oregon State Board of Nursing approved standardized curriculum and competency evaluation for the designation of Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2. Focuses on technical skills, interpersonal skills and communication, safety, and infection control with the outcome of demonstrated proficiency in knowledge, skills and abilities in these areas. Includes clinical component to be scheduled at a clinical partner. Requires: a current unencumbered Oregon CNA 1 certificate (verified prior to registration); current American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR card; a criminal history check; immunization and tuberculosis test (required after registration but prior to class participation).
1. Use appropriate communication and interpersonal skills in crisis intervention.
2. Model characteristics of an effective healthcare worker, including collaboration with the healthcare team.
3. Distinguish normal and abnormal psychosocial and physical changes in patients that must be reported to the licensed nurse.
4. Perform advanced nursing assistant tasks and technical skills.
5. Practice culturally competent care to meet the individual's needs, preferences, and abilities.
1. Collaboration with healthcare team
2. Communication and interpersonal skills
3. Person-centered care
4. Infection control and prevention
5. Safety and emergency procedures
6. Activities of daily living
7. Mental health and social services needs
8. Technical skills
9. Observation and reporting
11. End-of-life care
Dark purple scrub top, black scrub bottoms to be worn in class, lab, and clinical. Required textbook.
Grades may be determined using a variety of methods including small group projects, discussions, reflective journals, worksheets, skills check-offs in lab and clinical settings, quizzes, and final exam.