Special Studies: Nursing I
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Allows first-year nursing students to pursue a special content area in nursing. Special study arrangements must be made through the designated Nursing Department Special Studies Coordinator.
Course learning outcomes
As Provider of Care:
1. Observe the nursing process as it is applied in alternative clinical settings.
As Manager of Care:
2. Determine steps to managing care in this setting.
3. Communicate therapeutically with individual patients and families.
4. Reinforce teaching to assigned patients from established standards.
As Member within the Discipline of Nursing:
5. Identify ethical and legal principles for nursing practice.