Intro to Outdoor Leadership
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Designed to introduce students to the field of outdoor recreation, outdoor education, adventure education, therapeutic recreation, and experiential education. This course is a recommended foundation for other outdoor leadership program courses.
Course learning outcomes
1. Contrast the variety of outdoor and adventure programs and their respective educational and/or recreational intentions.
2. Recognize the historical and cultural factors of outdoor recreation.
3. Illustrate the use of the outdoors as an educational and developmental resource.
4. Identify the need for professional training of outdoor leaders.
- Intro to Outdoor Leadership
- History of Outdoor Leadership
- Adventure Education
- Intro to Risk Management
- Trends, Issues, and the Future of Outdoor Programming
Textbook is required.