PHL 200 : Fundamentals of Philosophy
Fundamentals of Philosophy
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores some of the major questions and philosophical subject areas of the Western World. Includes questions such as the existence of God, or not; how we know what we think we know; social and political philosophy; ethics; free will and determinism; the existence of other minds; questions concerning the existence of a mind-independent external world; and philosophical underpinnings of science.
1. Understand and be able to discuss major philosophical problems in the Western Tradition.
2. Assess arguments and philosophical perspectives using critical reasoning.
3. Express complex thoughts logically and coherently.
4. Apply knowledge of philosophical perspectives, logic, and critical reasoning to develop his or her own opinions regarding philosophical problems and issues
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Arts and Letters