PHL 202 : Problems of Philosophy - Ethics
Prob Of Philosophy--Ethics
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores basic problems in moral and social philosophy along with issues related to human nature, for example: how to define a good life or a good society; what is the nature of happiness, pleasure, virtue and justice; consequence vs. duty-based theories; the role of reason and/or passion; and arguments for and against natural law.
1. Demonstrate understanding of major ethical theories and problems in the Western Tradition through written and oral discussion.
2. Assess arguments and philosophical perspectives using critical reasoning.
3. Express complex thoughts logically and coherently.
4. Apply knowledge of ethical perspectives, theories, and critical reasoning to develop his or her own opinions regarding philosophical problems and issues.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Arts and Letters