PSY 204 : Research Methods: Design and Analysis
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
WR 060 (or higher) or minimum placement Wr/Comm Level 5.
Learn scientific method and deepen your appreciation of why it is a valuable method for learning about the world. Teaches scientific concepts and terminology, how the scientific literature is used to generate hypotheses and interpret research findings, how research studies are designed, how data are collected and managed, and how statistics are used to understand data. Class will include discussions of parametric and nonparametric analyses, between subject designs, within subject designs, differences between experimental and correlational research and the differences between qualitative and quantitative data.
1. Apply critical thinking skills to critique or defend research methodology
2. Design research methodology to investigate scientific hypotheses
3. Perform statistical analyses of research data
4. Understand how to collect data in order to apply appropriate methodological techniques
5. Interpret statistical analyses to critique or defend hypotheses
6. Write clearly and concisely to communicate scientific ideas using APA format
General education/Related instruction lists
- Science Lab