SOC 211 : Social Deviance
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Examines the definition of deviant behavior. Focuses on deviant behavior of societies as well as individuals including issues such as drugs, organized crime, government deviance and crimes against women.
1. Apply a sociological perspective to examine deviant behavior and social control.
2. Analyze and articulate the social processes that influence deviance and social control.
3. Challenge assumptions and opinions regarding deviance and social control.
1. Sociological perspective
2. Sociology of deviance
3. Positivism and deviance
4. Constructionism and deviance
5. Moral panics
6. Crime and the criminal justice system
7. Interactionism and deviance
8. Social control
All readings are available online.
Grades will be determined by homework assignments, exams, and discussion and participation.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science