SOC 222 : Sociology of Family and Intimate Relationships
Soc Family/Intimate Relations
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Examines the connections between family and intimate relations and society. Addresses the impact of economic, social, and political conditions on families and intimate relations past and present.
1. Draw historical and social group comparisons of family life and intimate relationships.
2. Examine the intersection of race, class, gender, and sexual orientation on families and intimate relationships.
3. Analyze political viewpoints and social policies impacting families and intimate relationships.
4. Apply sociological theories to a variety of sociological and social issues related to families and intimate relationships.
1. Sociological perspective
2. A sociology of family and intimate relationships
3. Intersectional theory applied to family and intimate relationships
4. A sociology of sexualities
5. A historical perspective on families and intimate relationships
Grades will be determined by homework assignments, exams, and discussion and participation.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Related Instruction/Human Relations
- Discipline Studies/Social Science