SPAN 202 : Second Year Spanish II
2nd Year Spanish II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
SPAN 201 or four years of high school Spanish.
Continues with the intermediate development of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Focuses on the concepts of relative pronouns, the imperative (commands: formal, informal, plural, and singular), the use of pronouns with the imperative, the impersonal and passive se, comparisons, using se to describe unplanned occurrences or accidents, the simple future tense, and vocabulary including the following categories: travel, shopping, fine art, and nature and the environment.
1. Vocabulary covering traffic and accidents
2. Using the preterite and imperfect to describe mental and emotional states
3. An overview of the preterite and imperfect.
4. Vocabulary covering travel.
5. Relative pronouns (que and quien).
7. Formal (Ud./Uds.).
10. Commands with pronouns.
11. Vocabulary covering household chores and items.
12. Vocabulary covering shopping.
13. Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns (this/that/these/those).
14. Vocabulary covering art.
15. Estar with past participles (or: past participles as adjectives).
16. Using se to describe accidental or unplanned occurrences.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Cultural Literacy
- Arts and Letters