Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Emphasizes in-depth character study and textual analysis through preparation of scenes from modern American plays. Attendance is mandatory. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Clearly articulate his or her own strengths and weaknesses as an actor.
2. Choose and perform a scene and/or monologue that demonstrates his or her strengths as an actor.
3. Choose and perform a scene and/or monologue that addresses and improves upon his/her own weaknesses as an actor.
4. Analyze a scripted scene using Stanislavsky’s system steps, specifically identifying beats, character objectives, obstacles and tactics.
5. Effectively apply that analysis to the performance (enactment) of the scene, convincingly portraying characters other than him/herself onstage.
6. Speak loudly and clearly enough to be heard and understood by the audience.
General education/Related instruction lists