TA 207 : Readings In Theater
Readings In Theater
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Offers a study of selected plays, loosely grouped by country of origin, theme, era or playwrights. Emphasis placed on texts in performance rather than on literary analysis. Repeatable for credit.
1. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the format of the play script, including the use of stage directions, sound, and music.
2. Read and analyze plays for their structure and meaning, using correct terminology.
3. Write analytically and descriptively about meaning, structure and thematic elements in plays.
4. Articulate and defend a production concept.
5. Write analytically and descriptively in a review of a live performance.
6. Effectively communicate ideas related to the works during class and group activities.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Arts and Letters