VT 102 : Veterinary Terminology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces veterinary medical terminology, including medical word parts, common medical terms, and a basic knowledge of word construction.
1. Compare the types of medical word parts and state how each type is used.
2. Spell and define commonly used medical word parts.
3. State the rules for use of the combining vowel in medical terminology.
4. Recognize, pronounce, spell and define commonly used medical terms relating to the diagnosis, pathology, and treatment of each body system.
5. Given an unfamiliar medical term that can be broken down into medical word parts, provide a reasonable definition.
6. Use a medical dictionary and similar reference materials to find the meaning of medical terms and commonly used abbreviations.