Animal Hosp Office Proc
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
VT 101, VT 102, VT 117.
Introduces veterinary medical records, admitting procedures, record maintenance, resume writing and job interview techniques. Covers basic bookkeeping skills, inventory control measures, marketing, client communication, the use of veterinary computer software, and professional development.
1. Explain and nterpret veterinary medical records.
2. Explain and demonstrate admission, discharge and triage of patients according to client, patient and facility needs.
3. Utilize various procedures for filing and record retention.
4. Utilize veterinary practice management software to create and maintain client/patient records, to schedule appointments, and manage inventory.
5. Explain and demonstrate bookkeeping and inventory control measures.
6. Explain and demonstrate how to complete facility records and logs for compliance with regulatory guidelines.
7. Explain various techniques for marketing a veterinary facility.
II. Fundamentals of Communication
III. Client Communication and Customer Service
IV. Receptionist Team
V. Appointment Management
VI. Functions, requirements and format of the Medical Record
VII. Management of Medical Record
VII. Logs and Inventory Management
IX. Computerization in the Vet Practice
X. Veterinary Medical Software
XI. Professional Development- Cover letter and Resume Writing
XII. Professional Development- Interviewing
Assessment may include weekly homework, discussion boards, resume and cover letter creation, group assignments, quizzes, and lecture and lab exams.