VT 103 : Animal Hospital and Office Procedures
Animal Hosp Office Proc
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces veterinary medical records, admintting procedures, and record maintenance. Covers basic bookkeeping skills, inventory control measures, marketing, and the use of computer software specifically designed for use in a veterinary hospital.
1. Read and accurately interpret veterinary medical records.
2. Explain and demonstrate admission, discharge and triage of patients according to client, patient and facility needs.
3. Summarize various procedures for filing and record retention.
4. Utilize veterinary practice management software to create and maintain client/patient records, to schedule appointments, and manage inventory.
5. Explain and demonstrate bookkeeping and inventory control measures.
6. Explain and demonstrate how to complete facility records and logs for compliance with regulatory guidelines.
7. Explain various techniques for marketing a veterinary facility.