VT 111 : Hematology and Urinalysis
Hematology and Urinalysis
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers laboratory techniques of hematology, serum chemistry, and urinalysis. Also explores special commercial laboratory test procedures.
1. Describe and demonstrate proper handling of blood and urine samples.
2. List indications for and tests used for hematological and serum chemistry testing.
3. Describe and perform hematological and serum chemistry testing.
4. Describe and perform urinalysis.
5. Recognize and explain normal and abnormal findings of urinalysis and hematological and serum chemistry testing.
6. Describe indications and procedures for submitting special commercial laboratory tests.