Adv Small Animal Nursing
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
VT 108, VT 110, VT 114 and VT 118.
VT 111, VT 113, VT 116.
Covers advanced nursing techniques including parenteral administration of medication, bandaging and wound care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), physical rehabilitation, diagnostic sample collection, and vaccination of small animals.
Course learning outcomes
1. Identify materials needed and explain and demonstrate proper techniques for acquiring samples from small animals for diagnostic testing.
2. Describe and demonstrate proper procedures for administering parenteral medications to small animals.
3. Explain appropriate use and demonstrate application of different types of bandages for small animals.
4. Describe and demonstrate first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques for small animals.
5. Describe and demonstrate the safe and effective manner in which vaccines must be administered to small animals and explain common side effects.
6. Describe and demonstrate physical rehabilitation techniques for small animals.