VT 114 : Pharmaceutical Math
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers pharmacological mathematics, including drug dosage calculations and fluid calculations. Introduces prescription terminology and labeling.
1. Perform calculations to convert between and within the household, apothecary, and metric systems.
2. Perform calculations for dilution and concentration of solutions.
3. Perform calculations to determine dose, number of doses, and amount of drug to dispense.
4. Perform fluid administration calculations.
5. Interpret prescription orders and properly prepare medication for administration.
6. Interpret prescription orders and properly prepare medication for dispensing.