VT 117 : Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology I
Veterinary AP I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This is the first of two courses covering the structure and function of animal bodies and the anatomical and physiological differences between selected species. Examines body organization, cellular biology, histology, and gross anatomy and physiology of the integumentary, skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems. Concurrent labs include the use of skeletons, models, virtual anatomy tools and dissection of cadavers.
1. Describe basic cell structure and function.
2. Describe the structure and function of major tissues types.
3. Recognize the complementarity of structure and function.
4. Describe the basic metabolic processes of organ systems.
5. Explain the interrelationships between organ systems and physiological processes.
6. Explain the major homeostatic mechanisms utilized in each body system in response to internal and external environmental changes.