VT 200 : Radiation Safety
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers the physics of x-ray photon production, radiation safety, quality control measures, federal and state radiation regulations, film processing, radiographic technique evaluation, positioning of animals, and proper identification and storage of radiographic images.
1. Explain how x-rays are produced and the dangers of radiation.
2. Explain appropriate safety measures when working around radiation.
3. Summarize radiographic quality control measures.
4. Develop radiographic technique charts.
5. Compare and contrast proper animal restraint and positioning techniques for obtaining quality radiographs.
6. Explain darkroom and film processing procedures.
7. Critique radiographic images and describe specific measures to improve technique.
8. Explain how to properly label, file and store radiographic images.
9. Summarize federal and state regulations related to radiation.