VT 201 : Anesthesiology and Surgery Techniques
Anesthesiology Surg Tech
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers the principles and practices of veterinary anesthesia and surgical assistance.
1. Calculate dosages of anesthetic and emergency drugs.
2. Explain methods for monitoring patient status during anesthetic procedures and the appropriate response to patients in compromised states.
3. Explain pain management protocols and the decision-making process for implementation.
4. Describe and demonstrate proper operation of anesthetic delivery and monitoring equipment.
5. Identify surgical instruments and describe their use.
6. Explain methods for and perform preparation of surgical instruments, gowns and drapes.
7. Describe and demonstrate aseptic techniques for patient preparation and surgical assisting.
8. Explain and identify common suture materials, types and sizes.