VT 206 : Small Animal Diseases
Small Animal Diseases
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers preventative medicine and diseases of small animals including the public health significance of relevant small animal diseases. Examines the role of the veterinary technician in performing diagnostics, nursing care, and client education.
1. Explain causes and describe clinical signs of common small animal diseases.
2. Explain preventive medicine protocols relative to small animals.
3. Summarize the veterinary technician’s role in collecting samples and conducting diagnostic tests for small animal diseases.
4. Explain the nursing care and treatment modalities the veterinary technician would provide for common small animal diseases.
5. Effectively communicate discharge and follow-up instructions to clients.
6. Explain the public health significance of relevant small animal diseases.
7. Effectively communicate prevention measures for common small animal diseases to clients.