VT 209 : Large Animal Diseases
Large Animal Diseases
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers preventative medicine and diseases of large animals including the public health significance of relevant large animal diseases. Examines the role of the veterinary technician in performing diagnostics, nursing care, and client education.
1. Explain causes and describe clinical signs of common large animal diseases.
2. Explain preventive medicine protocols relative to large animals.
3. Summarize the veterinary technician’s role in collecting samples and conducting diagnostic tests for large animal diseases.
4. Explain the nursing care and treatment modalities the veterinary technician would provide for common large animal diseases.
5. Effectively communicate discharge and follow-up instructions to clients.
6. Explain the public health significance of relevant large animal diseases.
7. Effectively communicate prevention measures for common large animal diseases to clients.
Small Ruminant Diseases
Grades may be determined by weekly homework, case studies/research assignments, quizzes, and exams.