VT 212 : Veterinary Microbiology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores clinical microbiology and cytology as it relates to veterinary technology. Covers the basic principles of microbial classification, growth, and pathogenicity as well as various laboratory methods used in identification of microorganisms.
1. Explain basic principles of microbial classification, growth, and pathogenicity.
2. Identify common animal pathogens and describe their associated diseases.
3. Explain immunological responses to and methods to combat pathogenic microbes.
4. Explain and perform culture and sensitivity testing for identification of microbes and appropriate microbial therapy.
5. Explain and perform staining procedures for identification of microbes.
6. Explain and perform culture and identification of common dermatophytes.
7. Explain and perform cytologic evaluation of ear and vaginal samples.