The Automotive Electrical Technician (Basic) Career Pathway Certificate of Completion prepares students in the electrical technician coursework and establishes skills in charging systems, starting systems, voltage drops, electrical troubleshooting, lighting, gauges, accessories, battery load testing, and repairs.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A6) Electrical/Electronic Systems and (G1) Maintenance and Light Repair.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses.
- Apply Kirchhoff’s Law and Ohm’s Law on the study of schematics and vehicle diagnosis and repair.
- Diagnose and repair starting and charging systems.
- Analyze battery state-of-charge in the vehicle system diagnostic routine.
- Study auxiliary systems and perform course pack exercises to validate.