The Automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles Technician Level 2 Career Pathway Certificate of Completion is a continuation of the Automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles Technician Level 1 Career Pathway Certificate.
Students will analyze and repair electric drive vehicles as it applies to the state-of-health and predictive maintenance on vehicles with electric drive systems. Students spend significant time analyzing vehicles with electric drive systems. Emphasis will be placed on high voltage battery systems and inverter diagnosis.
The certificate prepares students for the Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A6) Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems and (L3) Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in automotive technology from previous basic skills courses, plus second level electrical/electronic courses.
- Describe and perform diagnosis and repair hybrid electric and electric vehicles.
- Develop the capacity to train other technicians on the safety precautions and procedures when working on hybrid electric and electric vehicles.
- Perform testing and restoration of hybrid electric and electric vehicle drive motors and battery systems.
- Describe the use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, and hand-held testers to assist in diagnosis.
- Perform the use of manufacturer and generic scan tools to capacity.