The Master Automotive Technician Two-Year Certificate of Completion prepares students to enter the transportation industry as an automotive technician. Coursework includes technical skills in computer applications, electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and network systems. Communication skills are also highly emphasized.
The program is designed so that students will be able to complete in approximately 12 to 15 months and earn up to seven career pathway certificates.
The program is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, an arm of industry-certifying Automotive Service Excellence.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Model ethical behavior in a professional work setting.
- Use effective written and oral communication.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical issues.
- Summarize the test standards and information needed to pass Automotive Service Excellence exams.
- Perform National Automotive Technician Education Foundation P-1,P-2, and P-3 tasks.
Full-time students are recommended to avoid working more than 15 hours per week due to a heavy course load.
It is recommended that the Automotive Service Excellence certification test be taken as the student completes the program.
This certificate is designed for students planning to enter their chosen career upon graduation. Often only selected credits are considered transferable to public or private baccalaureate institutions.
- Academic Requirements:
- Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to earn a COCC certificate or degree.
- All courses in the program must be completed with a grade of C or higher.