The Automotive Undercar Technician Career Pathway Certificate of Completion gives students an in-depth understanding of brakes, suspension, driveline, and electrical. It prepares students for a job in suspension and brakes as a technician or manager.
The certificate prepares students for Automotive Service Excellence certification in (A5) Automotive Brakes, (A4) Automotive Steering and Suspension, and (G1) Maintenance and Light Repair.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate basic technical knowledge and practical skills necessary for employment in Automotive Technology from previous basic skills courses.
- Study safety of hydraulic pressures and safety to validate vehicle safety. Demonstrate the correct method of brake and suspension repair.
- Diagnose tire imbalance, deterioration, and the cause of tire wear.
- Demonstrate the use of equipment for vehicle alignment.
- Demonstrate the use of brake component machining.